Oneda Castillo is a Class A LPGA Teaching Professional and member of the African American Golfers Hall of Fame. She joined the LPGA in 1997. In 2003, she became the second African American women golfer to achieve Class A status as an LPGA Teaching and Club Professional (T&CP). As of 2021, she is still one of just a few African American women golfers to become an LPGA Teaching Professional.
She is a much sought-after golf coach, golf Consultant, and motivational speaker from Fayetteville, GA. She serves as a Global Education Instructor for the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) and Director of Golf for the Women in Golf Foundation. Oneda's had a personal quest to play golf in all 50 states for a few years. She conquered the links in her 50th state on January 13, 2018, at the world-famous Kapalua Golf Course in Lahaina, Hawaii. Ironically, this occurred the same day as the fake missile notification in Hawaii, which garnered her participation in another historic event.
Oneda prides herself in catering to the entire golfer. She can assist you with your physical swing, however, she's well aware of the mental and emotional needs of the game as well.
Jim Flick, notable as Jack Nicklaus' golf instructor says, “90% of golf is mental and the other 10% is mental too”. She agrees with him and as a CERTIFIED Opti Brain professional, she can help you BETTER YOUR BEST by training your mind for optimal performance.
Oneda is also a huge advocate and participant with adaptive golf. She spends countless hours providing golf instruction and encouragement to individuals with disabilities.
"I am honored and humbled to have received this award from President Barack Obama. I pray that I can continue to serve my community well for many years to come." - Oneda Castillo
Oneda was awarded the President's Lifetime Achievement Award from PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA for her lifelong commitment to building a stronger nation through volunteer service
Meet the Woman who Played Golf in all 50 States!
Imagine traveling solo to play golf among the cornfields in Nebraska, or teeing it up with friends at iconic Pebble Beach . . .Well, Oneda Castillo did just that!
Oneda has been featured on local and national television, radio, and print media such as; the Atlanta Journal, The Wall Street Journal, Atlanta Magazine, The Atlanta Tribune, and many others.
Want to know more about my golf camps? Interested in booking me for speaking engagements? Send me a message, and I'll get back to you soon.
Monday - Friday: 8 am - 5 pm